With a proper DVD ripping tool on hand, you rip/digitize any DVD disc to popular video formats like H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, AVI, MKV, MOV, etc for playing on laptops, smartphones and tablets no matter home or outside. The point here is , how can you choose the desired and best DVD ripper for Mac OS X (High Sierra included)? Have no idea? Read this post to get some hints.
1. Brorsoft DVD Ripper for Mac
Brorsoft DVD Ripper for Mac is one of the best Blu-ray ripper for Mac that can rip/backup any of your Blu-ray/DVD disc on macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra and previous without quality loss. It’s good at converting files from Blu-ray and DVDs into MKV/MP4/MOV/M4V and more with certain video/audio codecs.
- Support any (protected) 2D/3D DVD discs as input.
- Output 250+ popular 4K/1080P/720P video formats for iPhone 8/X, iPad Pro, Apple TV 4K, PS3/4, Xbox 360, Samsung and more.
- Decrypt newest and latest DVD copy protection like: CSS, Region, RCE, Sony ARccOS and PuppetLock.
- Have a high quality output video without any audio video out of sync problems.
- Copy full DVD disc content in original file structure, or directly copy DVD main movie as you like.
- With a built-in editor to help you crop, trim, add personal watermark, adjust video effect.
- Support inserting SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles into your DVD movie and save as personal creation for enjoyment.
- Full compatible with Mac OS X (macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, Mac OS X El Capitan, Mac OS X Yosemite, etc.)
2. Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac
Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac can not only deal with your Blu-ray/DVD discs, but also good at converting multimedia data such as 4K XAVC/XAVC-S, MXF, MTS, MKV, MOV, 3GP, etc. to 250+ popular formats on macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.
- Convert Videos, Blu-ray & DVD movies to H.265/HEVC MP4/MOV/FLV/3GP/MP4/AVI/MKV/WMV,etc with excellent quality.
- Convert 2D/3D Blu-ray & DVD to 3D Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, or Anaglyph 3D in MKV/MP4/MOV/WMV/AVI for your 3D TV, VR Headset.
- Backup Blu-ray/DVD entire movies in original file structure or directly copy Blu-ray/DVD main movie on Mac.
- Edit videos flexibly by adusting output video codec, bit rate, frame rate, resolution and audio codec, bit rate, sample rate and channels, etc.
- Perfectly compatible with macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, etc.
- Support inserting SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles into your Blu-ray/DVD movie and save as personal creation for enjoyment.
3. Leawo DVD Ripper for Mac
Leawo DVD Ripper for Mac is anothoer good software to rip and convert DVD discs on Mac. But it lacks of DVD backing up function, and you can’t not insert external subtitles with your DVD movies.
- Convert DVD to video/audio on Mac in 180+ formats like MP4, MOV, FLV, MKV, WMV, AVI, 3GP, MP3, AAC, M4A, etc.
- Convert DVD to diverse players including iPhone 5, HTC One, Lumia 920, PS4, Xperia Z, Nexus 7, iPad mini, Surface, Galaxy S4, etc.
- Mac 3D video creator to create 3D movies out of 2D DVD in 6 different 3D effects.
- Mac video editor to edit DVD movies on Mac for customized video output.
- Fully Mac support Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
4. Aiseesoft DVD Ripper for Mac
Aiseesoft DVD Ripper for Mac can help Mac users to rip DVD discs to a lot of video and audio format in fast conversion speed and best output video/audio quality. However, it’s not going to update to support latest DVD copy protections and not compatible with macOS High Sierra.
- Suppport 2D/3D DVD disc as input.
- Output DVD movie to various devices like iPhone, iPod, iPad, PSP, PS3, Apple TV, Xbox, Android, etc.
- Output DVD movie in different HD and common video formats like AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, FLV, MPEG, MOV, RMVB
- Editing features: trim video length, crop video size, rotate video, adjust video effect and add image or text watermark
- Convert 2D to 3D movie with best 3D effect.
5. Xilisoft DVD Ripper for Mac
Xilisoft DVD ripper for Mac can convert home made DVD videos to SD and HD video formats such as MKV, AVI, WMV, TS, etc on your Mac (macOS Sierra included). However, the app does not decrypt DVD protections and requires AnyDVD HD to be installed in advance for ripping.
- Convert Home DVD to videos formats like AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, RM, MOV, etc
- Convert Home DVD to audios formats like MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A, AAC, OGG
- Extract JPG, BMP, PNG or GIF pictures in batches from Home DVD movie
- Convert Home DVD to video formats compatilbe with multimedia devices
- Transfer to devices like iPad and iPhone directly after ripping
- Can’t rip/convert DVD with copyright
Be noted that not all DVD ripper are able to crack DVD discs as decryption always falls behind encryption. So it’s important to keep upgrading and have tech supports. Brorsoft DVD Ripper for Mac and iMedia Converter for Mac will charge free for lifetime update.