If you have gorgeous DVDs and want to share them online with more people or watch on TV, converting DVD to MPEG will be a good solution. This article here will show you a quick-start tutorial on how to rip DVD movies to MPEG (MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4) with zero quality loss for MPEG video players, portable media players, video sharing sites, etc.
Why Convert DVD to MPEG videos files
- Rip DVD to MPEG files so you can edit DVD with Windows Movie Maker
- Convert DVD to MPEG 2 videos that have no copy protection on them
- Encode DVD to MPEG 4 to watch movie on your mp4 players like iPad, iPhone, Android tablet/phone, etc.
Best Tool to Convert DVD to MPEG without Quality Loss
There is a number of DVD Ripping software available to help you convert DVD videos to MPEG files. Brorsoft DVD Ripper is one of the most frequently used DVD ripping tool to convert DVD videos to MPEG(MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4) in an amazing way. Easy-to-use interface, fast ripping speed and high output video quality make it outstanding among all the DVD rippers. Besides ripping DVD movies to MPEG, it can also help your convert DVD to all other popular video formats like MKV, WMV, FLV, MOV, MP4 AVI, etc. If you’re using a Mac, simply turn to the Mac DVD to Video converter to rip DVD movies to MPEG on Mac OS X (Mavericks included). Download the program and finish the conversion in a few simple clicks as followed.
How to Rip MPEG Videos from DVD with Zero Quality Loss
Here I take converting DVD movies to MPEG 1/2/4 in Window as an example. The way to rip DVD to MPEG on Mac is the same. Just make sure you have downloaded the right version according to your need.
- Step 1: After installation, run the program and insert the DVD disc into your computer’s DVD drive. Then click Load DVD to import the DVD files. ISO and IFO files are also supported. You can then choose the subtitles and audio tracks you prefer.
- Step 2: Choose the MPEG as output format. Click Format bar and MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 are provided for you in Common Video profile list. To adjust video and audio parameters like codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, you could click on “Settings” button.
- Step 3: When you’re sure everything is OK, click the Start button to begin ripping MPEG video from DVD. Rip time depends upon the specifications of your system and the size of movie file. Once it’s finished, you can find your ripped file in the specified directory.