What is a .dvdmedia file?
DVDMEDIA is a common file extension on the Mac OS. It is also seen as a VIDEO_TS folder by the computer. The file is usually played by the default DVD player on the Mac.
To change the .dvdmedia file to a VIDEO_TS folder, follow the steps below:
1. Right-click on the .dvdmedia file and choose “Get Info”.
2. Remove the extension (.dvdmedia) in the name and extension field.
3. Click Remove in the pop-up window, the DVDMEDIA file becomes a VIDEO_TS folder.
To change the folder back to DVDMEDIA file:
1. Right-click on the VIDEO_TS folder and choose “Get Info”.
2. Add the extension (.dvdmedia) in the name and extension field.
3. Click Add in the pop-up window and the VIDEO_TS folder will revert back to a DVDMEDIA file.
PS: If you have some .dvdmedia files on your Mac and want to play them on your iPad, iPad, iPod, etc., you’ll need to convert .dvdmedia to MP4 on Mac since .dvdmedia is not supported by most portable media players while MP4 is a preferred format for Mac.